Here at CHOC ICE we do not have puppies very often. This is due to many things; lack of space, time, energy but not a shortage of high quality brood bitches! Our objective is to breed mentally stable, sociable, healthy, beautiful and in every way possible typical Cocker Spaniels that will bring joy to their new owners for many years. To ensure this we require the following from the parents-to-be:
- Passed Personality Description with shooting (without negative deviations from the Breed Average)
- Kind and well-functioning family dogs with children and other dogs
- Good general health
- Screened for hip dysplasia and the index of the planned litter should be 100 or over
- Clinically eye-tested without any serious defects in accordance with the Cocker Spanielklubben's Breeding Policy
- Known genetic status of the hereditary diseases for which there is a reliable DNA test (prcd PRA and FN)
- Exhibited with at least several Certificate Quality awards under different judges
- Not too closely related, the Coefficient of Inbreeding for the litter should ideally be 4.0 - 6.5 %*
Colour is of secondary importance, all of the above must always have priority; but it is, however, important to preserve all colours occuring in the breed. The inheritance of colours is a most thrilling part of genetics! Twenty-one puppies have been born with the CHOC ICE affix and they have been of the following colours:
- Blue roan (6)
- Chocolate (liver) roan (2)
- Lemon roan (2)
- Chocolate (liver) (4)
- Golden (7)
Upon delivery (at no earlier than 8 weeks of age ) a CHOC ICE puppy will be accompanied by:
- a pedigree/registration certificate from the Svenska Kennelklubben
- an agreement of purchase from the Svenska Kennelklubben
- a health certificate issued by a veterinarian no later than 7 days prior
We maintain the right to choose buyers at our own discretion, as it is vital the right puppy go to the right home! If you are interested in a puppy, please send an E-mail telling us about what kind of doggie life you can offer.
- A puppy is reserved when a non-refundable down-payment has been paid (buyer will however be refunded in case of puppy not passing veterinary check and consequently chooses not to go through with purchase).
- The remainder of the price should be paid in connection with delivery, preferably by bank transfer. Please note that installments are not accepted.
- No puppy will be sold without buyer having come to view it at least once before delivery.
- Export enquiries are welcome; however, we will not sell to countries where Animal Welfare Laws are poor or non-existent.
Dogs from Choc Ice
* COIs (Coefficients of Inbreeding) were calculated based on complete 10 generation pedigrees (2046 ancestors) using